AUGUSTA – New Ventures Maine plans to offer tuition-free workshops and online courses for December and January.
The sessions are designed to help Maine residents start a business, build a career, and manage their money. The full course schedule, which is growing with new course offerings for January, can be found at bit.ly/NVMEClasses.
December and January:
• Job search series: Thursdays, December 2 to 16, 10:00 am to 11:00 am
Ready for a new job or a career change? Register for one, two or all three of these workshops.
December 2: job search strategies, December 9: CV strategies, December 16: interview strategies
• Information session on matched savings: Monday, December 6, from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Learn about matched savings programs such as the Rainy Day Savings and Family Development Account programs. They can help people save for a goal by matching their savings with additional funds. Find out how the programs work, verify your eligibility and ask questions.
• Make career choices: Tuesday, December 7, 10 am to 11 am
Ready for a career change but don’t know where to start? This workshop will help point people in the right direction.
January 2022 preview • Added new classes daily
• My Next Career Move: online access from January 5; work at your own pace
People can take charge of their careers and create a plan of action for success.
• My Money Works: Tuesdays Jan. 11 and February 8, 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.,
Make a plan to achieve greater financial stability.
• Building trust: Wednesdays, January 12 and 26, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Learn concrete tools to help you build and keep your self-confidence.
Visit bit.ly/NVMEClasses or call 800-442-2092 for more information and to register.
New Ventures Maine is a statewide education and economic development program administered by the UMA / University of Maine System. NVME’s mission is to help the people of Maine succeed in the changing economy and achieve economic security for themselves and their families.
NVME accomplishes its mission by providing training and one-on-one coaching in career planning, business start-ups, money management and asset building, and leadership development.